Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ultimate Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread

One of my ultimate favorite comfort food to make is cornbread, more specifically...Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread.

After several trial and errors, I've made the ultimate Jalapeno Cornbread which is absolutely divine. It's moist, slightly sweet, packed with cheese, and a hint of spice. I'm pretty sure this is the recipe that I will be using from now on :o)


Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread

3 1/4 cups cornbread mix (Krusteaz Honey Cornbread mix)
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup milk 
1 (14.75 oz) can sweet corn, drained
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2-3 Tablespoons chopped Jalapeno
1 scant tablespoon sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place milk, oil, egg and cornbread mix in medium bowl. Stir until moistened. Mix in corn, chopped jalapeno, sugar, and cheese. Mix until all ingredients are well blended. Divide batter lightly greased 9X13 inch pan. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.


**11/10/2015 - This is by far Dr. Sweetpea's favorite cornbread recipe. I didn't have canned sweet corn available tonight when I was making this as a side, so I added 1/2 cup of canned crushed pineapple, and it was amazing!!! Definitely another way to change up this recipe.***



No comments:

Post a Comment