Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pasta Salad

Spring is the perfect time for pasta salad :o) Especially since farmers markets are starting to pop up all over Chicago and the surrounding suburbs with fresh vegetables.

My favorite pasta salad is one that has evolved from a variety of pasta salads I've had in the past and the combination of the dressing I use makes it pretty unique :o)



Pasta Salad 

1 box tri colored pasta
1/2 - 1 cup Caesar salad dressing  
1/2 - 1 cup Italian salad dressing
1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
1 cup sliced sweet peppers (I used mini orange sweet peppers) 
1 small can sliced olives
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 - 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes 

Cook pasta according to directions on box. Once its cooked, run pasta under running cold water. Toss the other ingredients together with the pasta :o) Eat away! 



1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the best pasta salad I've ever had -- a good heat from the red pepper flakes, savory balance from the olives, crunch from the peppers -- only thing I might add is a touch of finely chopped prosciutto or rendered bacon fat but, as it's written, nearly perfect

    ReplyDelete