Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spicy Pulled Chicken Quesadilla

I had a hankering for some quesadillas and pulled chicken for quite some time now (oooor since I woke up this morning) and I wanted to make something for dinner that is the best of both worlds. I found a slow cooker pulled chicken recipe a few weeks ago and decided to give it a try today. I'm SOOOOO glad I did because this pulled chicken is absolutely delicious. It took a couple hours for the chicken to cook but it's definitely worth it.  As for the quesadilla? I just threw together a few odds and ends I have in my refrigerator to create this wonderful BBQ'y pulled chicken quesadilla :o)



Spicy Pulled Chicken

3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
1 (18 oz) bottle Mesquite BBQ Sauce   (I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce)
1/2 cup Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar     (I used half of the brown sugar)
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2-3 tablespoons Franks Hot Sauce

Place chicken in the crock pot. In a bowl, mix bottle of barbecue sauce, Zesty Italian Salad Dressing, brown sugar, Worcestershire Sauce and Hot Sauce. Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW. Use 2 forks to shred the chicken. 

Spicy Pulled Chicken Quesadilla

Tortillas
Spicy Pulled Chicken
Refried beans
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Chopped Jalapeno Peppers
Sour Cream 

Heat a tortilla on a skillet for a couple seconds. Spread a thin layer of refried beans on one side of the tortilla. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese and chopped jalapeno peppers on the other side that doesn't have refried beans. Let the cheese melt for a few seconds. Spread a thick layer of Spicy Pulled Chicken on top of the refried beans. Fold the cheese side of the quesadilla over the pulled chicken. Let it heat up for a minute. Place quesadilla on plate and cut into 3 pieces using a pizza cutter. Serve with sour cream and additional pulled chicken. 







1 comment:

  1. These sound so good, thanks for sharing this delicious looking recipe.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete