Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie

Over the years I've tried many many many maaaany different Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes. Some cookies turned out rock hard and others turned out flat as a pancake. Since I'm a fan of cookies that are chewy in the center and crisp around the edges it has been a journey to find a recipe that I love...buuuut now I can finally say the journey is over!! I was thumbing through the Grand Central Bakery Cookbook a few days ago when I found a marvelous recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. It is EXACTLY what I was looking for in a cookie!! I think this will be my go to recipe from now on :o)



Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter at room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar 
2 eggs
2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups  rolled oats
1 package (or about 2 cups) of chocolate chips

Cream together the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. In separate bowl mix all of the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips). Combine the wet and dry ingredients until just mixed, then add the chocolate chips. Place scoops of cookie dough on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown but the center is slightly undercooked. Tap the pan a few times on top of the stove to remove any invisible air bubbles, then let the cookies finish cooking on the hot pan before removing.

*Edit: To prevent your dough from spreading like crazy while baking make sure the oven is preheated. Also, let the dough sit for a good 10 minutes before scooping cooking dough, this will let the dough thicken up a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment