Sunday, January 13, 2019

Salads

Whenever Dr. Sweetpea and I are out at restaurants, I always look through the salad menu so I can replicate the salads at home. I think it's way cheaper to make delicious salads at home than eating them at a restaurant. Plus, most restaurants have the salad ingredients listed on the menu so it's super easy to recreate at home for a fraction of the price! These are some salads that I have replicated at home and had delicious results. Dr. Sweetpea looks forward to these salads every night!


Copycat Insalata Isabella
(Inspired by: La Grolla Restaurant)

Baby greens
Goat cheese crumbles
Pine nuts
Golden Raisins
Sliced Granny Smith Apples (I omitted) 
Raspberry Vinaigrette 

Toss all the salad ingredients together. As for the raspberry vinaigrette, use raspberry balsamic vinegar instead of regular balsamic vinegar in your favorite balsamic dressing recipe. 


Copycat Lauren's Goat Cheese Salad
(Inspired by: Flying Sauce Draught Emporium) 

Baby Spring Salad Mix
Dried cranberries
Crumbled goat cheese
Grape tomatoes sliced
Chopped Walnuts
Sliced red onion (I omitted) 
Balsamic Vinaigrette

Toss all the salad ingredients with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette. 


Copycat Insalata Di Pera E Roquefort
(Inspired by: La Grolla) 

Baby spring greens
Crumbled Roquefort cheese
Sliced fresh pears, peeled
Red Grapes
Spiced pecans (I use regular pecans)
Citrus vinaigrette (I use my favorite balsamic vinaigrette with a touch of extra lemon zest) 

Toss all the salad ingredients together and serve. 



No comments:

Post a Comment