Saturday, January 12, 2019

Louisiana Chicken Pasta

One of my absolute favorite meals at Cheesecake Factory is their Louisiana Chicken Pasta. So when I saw that a food blogger made a copycat recipe, I had to try it myself! I only made the pasta and it's as good as I remember. Dr. Sweetpea was a fan too and I know I'll be making this for us regularly.


Louisiana Chicken Pasta
(Source: Dinner then Dessert)

CAJUN CREAM SAUCE
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (I used 2 – 3 teaspoons since I like mine spicy)
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups heavy cream (I used 1 1/2 cups)
1 cup chicken stock (I used 1 1/2 cups)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded

CRISPY PARMESAN CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts butterflied
1/4 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 eggs
4 tablespoons vegetable oil

PASTA
1 lb Farfalle pasta (I used penne)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced
1/2 red bell pepper sliced
1/2 red onion sliced (I used a bunch of sliced green onions)
8 ounces crimini mushrooms sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup parsley for garnish (optional)

Set a large pot of water to boil and cook the pasta to a minute shy of what is listed on the box.
Drain but do not rinse.

Mix the flour, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Kosher salt and black pepper together in one bowl. In a second bowl whisk the eggs. Dredge each piece of chicken into the breadcrumb mixture, then into the eggs, and finally back into the breadcrumb mixture. Cook the chicken in a skillet with oil and set aside.

Melt butter in cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the bell peppers, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes until just starting to brown but not break down. Stir in the red pepper flakes and Cajun seasoning. Then stir in the chicken broth and heavy cream. Let this mixture come to a boil. Stir in shredded parmesan cheese. Pour some of the sauce mixture into a small bowl and whisk in the cornstarch before pouring this mixture back into the pan with the sauce. Salt and pepper as needed.

Mix the Cajun cream sauce with pasta and serve with crispy chicken. 

Cajun Spice Mix Recipe: 

1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mix spices together. I usually leave out the salt when making spice mixes and add the salt to my dish later to prevent it from getting too salty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment