Saturday, August 8, 2015

M&M Bars

When I was a kid, I absolutely loved snacking on M&Ms and chocolate chips. Like ate enough to spoil my entire appetite before dinner, even though I was told not to. So when I came across this M&M bars recipe, I HAD to make it, like asap. I immediately went grocery shopping and bought all the ingredients to bake these bars right before dinner. These were super simple make, and came together in no time flat. I also ruined my appetite for dinner because I ate so many of these bars before dinner was even ready. Dr. Sweetpea also raved about these gems and told me to make these again.


M&M Bars
(Source: Food Network)

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups M&M's
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Line a 9 x 13 inch backing dish with foil, leaving a 2 inch overhang on two sides; coat the foil with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Beat the softened butter and 1 cup each granulated and light brown sugar with a mixer on medium high speed until fluffy; add 3 eggs and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Reduce the speed to low. Add 3 cups flour and 3/4 teaspoon each baking soda and salt; beat until combined. Stir in M&M's and mini chocolate chips. 

Spread the dough in the prepared pan or press using damp or oiled fingers. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 - 40 minutes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment