Thursday, February 19, 2015

Fried Rice

I grew up eating all different varieties of fried rice. I've tried making my own with Dr. Sweetpea but none have come close to what I ate as a child. After hoarding tons of recipes, I finally found the one that is the most reminiscent of what my mom used to make! The only things I did differently was omitting the eggs and cooked chopped carrots in a little bit of oil before adding all the other ingredients.


Fried Rice
(Source: Big Bowl)

3 tablespoons peanut oil
2 eggs
4 Cups previously cooked Jasmine rice
1/2 teaspoon mushroom soy
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon cane sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 Cup thin sliced scallion greens (adjust for taste)

Using your hands, break up the Jasmine rice as best you can to separate the grains. Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. When hot, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the egg and stir quickly to break up. Add rice and toss while breaking up any lumps with the back of a spatula; until rice grains are well coated with oil. Add mushroom soy and toss to distribute. Add sugar, salt and pepper and toss to distribute. Pull off fire and toss.


No comments:

Post a Comment