Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Very Best Fajitas

I usually try to have a picture with every recipe that I post on my little blog but by the time I wanted to take some pictures, we all all of the fajitas. One of the things I usually order at a Mexican restaurant is Steak Fajitas. I absolutely love the juicy pieces of meat mixed with bell peppers and onions. I have tried many fajita recipes at home to recreate the kind that I have eaten at restaurants but didn't have much luck until I found Emeril's recipe. The meat is perfectly marinated and cooking it on a cast iron skillet is key to making this restaurant quality.

Steak Fajitas
(Source: Emeril)

Marinade:
1 (2 to 3)pound flank steak
1/2 cup dry Sherry wine
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano (my addition)
1 teaspoon chili powder (my addition)
1 lime, juiced (my addition)

Vegetables:
2-3 red bell peppers, sliced
1 large onion, sliced

Slice the meat in 1/2 inch thick slices.  In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour the marinade mixture into the bag with the steak, seal and marinate in the refrigerator at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours in advance.

Pour about a tablespoon of vegetable oil onto a cast iron skillet. Let it get really hot before adding the marinated meat into the skillet. Let the meat get nice and brown on all sides and move the cooked meat to a plate. Toss in the sliced red bell peppers and onion into the cast iron skillet you used to cook the meat. Let the vegetables cook for about 5 minutes before tossing the meat back into the skillet. Warm up some tortillas and serve with some guacamole and sour cream :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment