Thursday, August 30, 2012

Marshall Field's Chicken Salad Sandwich

I had a craving for a good chicken salad sandwich and decided to make the Marshall Fields Chicken Salad sandwich recipe I found earlier this week. It's extremely simple to make and super quick for a weeknight sandwich. Unfortunately, I don't have a good picture to go with this recipe since I was to busy eating rather than trying to take a good picture. However, I did have some chicken salad left to put in the refrigerator to make a sandwich tomorrow :o) Hopefully the not so great picture doesn't deter you from making this tasty recipe!


Marshall Fields Chicken Salad Sandwich 
(Source: Marshall Fields Cookbook)

For Dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sugar  (I used about 1 1/2 teaspoons since I like mine a touch sweeter)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice

For Salad
1 1/2 cups shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked (I used shredded Rotisserie Chicken meat)
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1/4 cup thompson seedless grapes, halved (I used dried cranberries)
lettuce leaf, for serving

Mix all dressing ingredients together in large bowl. Add chicken, green onion, pecans, and grapes (or dried cranberries) if you are using them. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Arrange lettuce leaves on plates and top each with a scoop of salad.

P.S. This Chicken Salad tastes even better the next day after it's been sitting in the refrigerator for several hours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment