Sunday, May 6, 2012

Waffle of Insane Greatness

I love having breakfast food for dinner, especially since it's very rare for me to have breakfast during regular breakfast hours. I'm usually too busy to make breakfast before work during the week or I'll grab something simple such as yogurt to fill me up. When I find that special time to make breakfast, I loooooove eating fresh waffles. I'm not talking about the waffles you buy in the frozen food section and pop into the toaster. I'm talking about making waffles from scratch and using the waffle iron.

I've tried many waffle recipes which resulted in a waffle that loses it's crispiness quickly. I've tried waffle recipes that result in limpy waffles or rock hard waffles. So it was quite a journey to find a waffle recipe that I love. The type of waffle that is crispy outside and soft inside.

I found Waffles of Insane Greatness on Food Network and it is absolutely superb. The waffles are EXACTLY what I love about good waffles...crisp exterior and tender interior that doesn't get limp quickly.

This will be my go to recipe from now on, and I'm betting my bottom dollar you'll love it just as much :o)



Waffle of Insane Greatness 

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter and syrup, for serving

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix well. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes. Preheat a waffle iron. Do not use non-stick spray on the waffle iron; the oil in the batter will allow the waffle to release easily. Follow the directions on your waffle iron to cook the waffles. Serve immediately with butter and syrup.



No comments:

Post a Comment