Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rotisserie Chicken Taco

I think I have an addiction to tacos. I've collected so many different taco meat recipes over the last several days that I'm tacoed out.  I had about 15+ taco recipes in front of me last night when I decided to make the Chichi's Chimichanga recipe created by Food Network. The only change I made was using the meat to make tacos instead of Chimichangas (I was too hungry to wait for the Chimichanga to bake in the oven). 

As for the flavor?!?! I'm soOoOoOoO glad I made this recipe because it is DELICIOUS!! It's so flavorful, and the chicken meat is soooooo moist. I think this is THE recipe I'll use for Chicken Tacos from now on :o)


ChiChi's Rotisserie Chicken Taco Meat 

2          tablespoons vegetable oil
1           white onion, chopped
3          cloves garlic, chopped
1           jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds for less heat)
1 1/2    teaspoons chili powder
1/2       teaspoon ground cumin
1/4       teaspoon ground cinnamon
Kosher salt
1           small tomato, chopped, plus more for topping
2          tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1/4       cup sour cream
Various taco toppings


Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet. Add the onion, garlic and jalapeno and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon salt; toast 30 seconds. Add the tomato and cilantro and cook until slightly dry, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and sour cream and warm through. Remove from the heat and make your tacos using flour tortillas and your favorite taco toppings :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment