Sunday, March 25, 2012

Creamsicle Cookies

When I was growing up, one of my favorite frozen treats to eat on a hot summer day was a Creamsicle and the Flinestone Orange Pushups. I seriously have an addiction to fruit flavored popsicles with a creamy taste, so it wasn't a surprise that I went through a box of those popsicles in two days (my dentist was not my biggest fan during my childhood years).

So when I saw a cookie recipe for cookies that taste like a Creamsicle, I knew it would be amazing. This cookie has a hint of orange from the orange zest and the creaminess comes from the white chocolate chips. It's a orange frozen treat but in cookie form :o)  Be forewarned that these cookies are addicting, I had 3 cookies straight out of the oven.


Creamsicle Cookies 

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons orange zest (zest from 2 oranges)
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and chips. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overcook! Cookies will be plump. Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.



1 comment:

  1. The orange flavors come boldly through the zest, the texture is buttery and soft even after a coupla days in the cookie jar -- I wonder if a touch of Grand Marnier might add even more creamy orange flavor

    ReplyDelete