Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Dr. Sweetpea's Favorite Pizza Sauce

If' you've been following my posts lately, you've already figured out that Dr. Sweetpea loves my homemade pizzas. It's much easier to order pizza and have it delivered but I'm all about making sure Dr. Sweetpea eats a healthy meal. So I've even started making pizza sauce at home too. To be honest, I was very apprehensive about this pizza sauce when I found the recipe online, but after watching Dr. Sweetpea devour his pizza, I can 100% say it was a total hit. I don't have a picture for this recipe, but I'm still posting it below so it's easy for me to access whenever I make this sauce.

Exquisite Pizza Sauce
(Source: All Recipes)

1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
 salt to taste


In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, anchovy paste, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese. Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment