Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Chicken Katsu

I grew up eating Chicken Katsu pretty frequently as a kid, especially since I loved dipping my pieces of meat in the katsu sauce. So when I saw this recipe for Chicken Katsu, I had to make it! The batter and the panko makes the chicken super crispy. This will be my go to recipe from now on.

Chicken Katsu
(Source: L&L Restaurant)

2 eggs
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup water
4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 lb panko breadcrumbs


Open the chicken thighs and flatten with a rolling pin. Combine eggs, cornstarch, salt, white pepper, garlic powder, and water to make a batter. Coat chicken in the egg batter, then the roll in panko crumbs. Fry in oil (maximum 325 degrees) until brown and crispy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment