Saturday, July 12, 2014

Almond Toffee Sandies

I'm a huge fan of the Pecan Sandies that are available in grocery stores. I ate them a lot as a child, and still buy a pack whenever I do my grocery shopping. When I saw these Almond Toffee Sandies a few days ago, I knew I had to make them and I was NOT let down! These cookies are SOOOOOOOO easy to make and better than the sandies you get at the grocery store. I'm pretty sure I inhaled five cookies as soon as they came out of the oven. Added bonus? Dr. Sweetpea doesn't like toffee, so I have more cookies for myself :o)


Almond Toffee Pecan Sandies
(Source: Taste of Home)

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 eggs
1 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sliced almonds
1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment