Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Do you know the muffin...woman?

One of my favorite nursery songs while growing up was Do You Know The Muffin Man. I first heard it in Kindergarten, and I passionately belted the lyrics of the song each and every time. However, when I came home from school, my mom was not as pleased as my teacher. I guess hearing it 10+ times a day, everyday, for one week was more than she can handle. I think she's still traumatized by it to this day.

Why am I bringing up the muffin man? Because muffins are my ultimate favorite breakfast sweet. More specifically, blueberry muffins. I absolutely love the tartness blueberries add to muffins. I don't skimp when I add blueberries to my muffins, I firmly believe there should be blueberries in every bite. 

Is it surprising that I have tried over 30 different recipes of blueberry muffins in my lifetime? Absolutely not. It just shows my dedication to finding the best muffin recipe out there...and I think my search is over. 

Over the weekend, I made the most moist, fluffy, tart, tangy blueberry muffin I've ever tried. So much so that I ate 4 in one sitting straight out of the oven.  I think using oil instead of butter made these muffins so much lighter and the sour cream gave a hint of tangyness which balanced out sweetness from the batter and tartness from the blueberries. Like I said, best blueberry muffins ever! So without further ado, let the pictures  entice you, and go buy some blueberries to make these muffins!






Blueberry Cream Muffins 
www.allrecipes.com

  • 4 eggs
    2 cups white sugar
    1 cup vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 cups sour cream
    2 cups blueberries (I used 3 cups)

    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners. In large bowl beat eggs, gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment