Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Southern Cafeteria Style Cod

I'm actually really bummed that I didn't make this Southern Cafeteria Style Cod for dinner sooner! I had the recipe in my file for several months, but nothing really sparked my interest. Then one day, when Dr. Sweetpea texted me from work saying that he'll be home sooner than expected, I was in a rush to have dinner ready by the time he got home and decided to try this cod recipe because it's so easy. After Dr. Sweetpea got home and took one bite, all I heard was silence because he was too busy devouring his food. He reminded me to keep this cod recipe in my back pocket because it was delicious! 


Southern Cafeteria Style Cod
(Source: Miami Herald)

2 pounds cod filets
3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup unflavored breadcrumbs

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, beat together 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter with the lemon juice, mayonnaise, garlic and onion powder and paprika. Coat a non­reactive baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange fish in the pan. Spread the mayonnaise and spice mixture onto the fish as evenly as possible. Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly on top. Drizzle with the remaining butter.
Bake 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork and top is golden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment