Wednesday, March 9, 2016

House Salad

I'm all about making sure Dr. Sweetpea eats a nutritious meal every day. He is so busy at work that he rarely has time to eat breakfast and lunch. I still pack him a lunch with greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and granola bars so he can eat while on the go, but he rarely has time to eat everything I pack for him. So by the time he gets home, he is absolutely ravenous. Since his biggest meal of the day is dinner, I make sure I make a big serving of salad for him to eat before his meal. I've made all kinds of salad, but this House Salad is his favorite so far. There have been days when he just eats this salad with a few pieces of grilled chicken as his dinner. Definitely a keeper for us and it's so flavorful and nutritious!!!


Spring Greens
English Cucumbers cut into bite sized chunks
Compari Tomatoes, blanched and cut into quarters
Baby Bell Peppers, cut into bite sized chunks
Cheese (Crumbled Feta, chunks of Mozzarella, or crumbled Goat Cheese are all good)
Red Wine Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt

All I really do is layer all the vegetables on top of each other. Thick layer of Spring Greens on top of the serving platter, followed by the cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, and some cheese. Drizzle some Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil on top of the salad. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on top and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment