Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Lemon Lime Jello Salad

I came across this jello salad while browsing Pinterest the other day. It sounded interesting, and since Dr. Sweetpea loves anything with lime jello, I gave it a try. As odd as the combination sounds, it's actually really really tasty. That said, none of the pictures turned out very well, so I decided to not post a picture with this recipe. I still wanted to post the recipe so I have it somewhere to reference when we make it again. Definitely a different type of dessert, but it's very tasty. 

Lemon Lime Jello Salad
(Source: Pinterest and Myblessedlife.net)

1 (3 oz) box lemon jello
1 (3 oz) box lime jello
1 cup hot water
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups cold water
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained (I actually didn't drain mine)
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 – 1 cup chopped nuts (I omitted the nuts)

In a large bowl mix both packages of jello with hot water, stir well.  Beat in softened cream cheese at low speed until it’s melted and incorporated into the jello mixture.  Add cold water and stir.  Add pineapple, sweetened condensed milk and mayonnaise, mix well.  Sprinkle nuts on top and chill until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment