Friday, January 29, 2016

Best Seasoned Taco Meat

Earlier this week, I wanted tacos for dinner and Dr. Sweetpea wanted homemade pizza. So I used this taco meat recipe to satisfy our cravings. I made tacos for myself and used the meat to make a taco pizza. Both turned out delicious, and Dr. Sweetpea told me to keep this taco meat recipe. 


Seasoned Taco Meat
(Source: Taste of Home)

1 1/4 pounds ground beef
2 small onions, finely chopped
1 cup water
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin


In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment