Sunday, December 27, 2015

Honey Toast

This is by far the tastiest and easiest toast to make for breakfast. My mom made this for me while I was home for the holidays, and I devoured it! Definitely a keeper recipe :o)


Honey Toast
(Source: My mom)

Thick slices of bread (mine were about 3 inches thick)
Butter,
Honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In each slice of bread, make 3 horizontal incisions and 3 vertical incisions with a serrated knife but not all through. Melt a few tablespoons of butter in the microwave and mix in honey until sweetened (if I use 1 tablespoon butter, then I use 1 1/2 tablespoons honey).You can use more honey if you prefer. Spread the honey/butter mixture on each slice of bread. Bake in the preheated oven until the sides and top of the bread are browned. Serve with whipped cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment