Thursday, October 22, 2015

Chili's Steak Fajitas

One of my favorite things to eat when I was a college kid was Chili's Steak Fajitas. I've been searching high and low for their steak fajita marinade because I wanted to recreate them at home. Then I came across this recipe from LA Times Culinary SOS. I just absolutely love how they are able to get restaurant recipes. I was a little hesitant at first because of the amount of soy sauce, but I can assure you that this recipe is spot on. Dr. Sweetpea and I devoured our dinner and I was instantly brought back to my younger days of eating these fajitas at the restaurant. I served the fajitas with a side of delicious Mexican Rice. 


Chili's Bar and Grill Steak Fajitas
(Source: LA Times Culinary SOS)

3 cups soy sauce (I used low sodium soy sauce)
2/3 cup honey
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 quart water

Combine soy sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, ginger and water in bowl. Place in jar with tight-fitting lid and use as needed to marinate steaks, chops or poultry for grilling or making fajitas.

1 (2-pound) flank, skirt or sirloin steak
Chili's Steak Marinade (recipe above)
1 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
1 green bell pepper, cut in thin strips
1 onion, thinly sliced
Cilantro sprigs, optional
Hot cooked rice, optional
Tortillas, optional

Place steak in 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Pour marinade as needed to cover steak. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight. Drain meat and slice into thin strips. Heat skillet and add drained meat, red and green bell peppers, onion and enough marinade (1 to 2 tablespoons) to keep mixture from sticking to skillet. Stir-fry just until meat is done as desired. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice, if desired, or place about 1/2 cup mixture in center of 1 tortilla. Add any favorite salsa or toppings.

Mexican Rice
(Source: All Recipes)

3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup uncooked long grain rice (I used Basmati Rice)
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups chicken broth

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden. While rice is cooking, sprinkle with salt and cumin.
Stir in onions and cook until tender. Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment