Friday, September 4, 2015

Fall Off the Bone Roasted Chicken Thighs

Who doesn't love a delicious roasted chicken dinner with very minimal work??? When the weather nice and it's the end of summer, I'd much rather enjoy my time outside than slave over the stove to make dinner for us. So when I saw this recipe, I had to make it asap! These roasted chicken thighs are super flavorful and the meat is fork tender, no need to use a knife. Dr. Sweetpea kept telling me to keep this recipe somewhere safe and that the chicken thighs are the best that he has had in a long time. Definitely a keeper recipe for us.


Fall Off The Bone Roasted Chicken Thighs
(Source: Cristina Ferrare)

3 cups chicken stock (I used 1 1/2 cups)
12 chicken thighs, washed and dried (I used 8 thighs)
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fines herbes (I used dried Italian herbs)
1 teaspoon fennel seeds (omitted)
Kosher salt
Cracked pepper



Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Place chicken thighs in a baking dish (I used a 9X13 inch baking dish). Combine Dijon mustard, lemon juice, soy sauce, and olive oil, and pour over the chicken. Turn the thighs to coat evenly. Sprinkle on the fines herbes and the fennel seeds; then sprinkle on several pinches of kosher salt and plenty of cracked pepper. Cover with aluminum foil, and roast for 45 minutes (I roasted for 30 minutes since I used 8 thighs). Remove the foil and baste. Add 2 cups of chicken stock (I added 1 1/2 cups. When I make this again, I’ll only add 1 cup of chicken stock for 8 thighs) and stir to turn up any of the bits that have formed at the bottom of the roasting pan. Baste again with a bulb baster. Continue to roast for 60 minutes more (I roasted mine for 50 minutes), basting every 15 minutes (I basted mine every 10 minutes) to keep the chicken supermoist. The thighs will turn a beautiful caramel color. If you find that the bottom of the roasting pan is dry, add the rest of the chicken stock. (I had a lot of the liquid in the pan, so didn't add any more chicken stock)

***Since I used 8 thighs, I did make some changes to the recipe. I italicized the changes that I made*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment