Saturday, September 27, 2014

Chicken Teriyaki

My mom makes the best Chicken Teriyaki ever! I'm talking big, juicy, tender pieces of Chicken covered in a delicious teriyaki sauce. I've been craving it when I moved to Minneapolis, and I finally got her secret recipe!


Chicken Teriyaki 
(Source: My Mom) 

1 pound package of chicken thighs, cut into strips
2 - 3 teaspoons soy sauce
1 - 2 tablespoons cornstarch 
1 - 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Black Pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
Green onion
Teriyaki Sauce

Combine chicken thigh strips, soy sauce, cornstarch, and garlic powder together in a large bowl. Once the chicken strips are completely covered with the mixture, let it rest in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. A few minutes prior to making the chicken teriyaki, slice the bell peppers into long strips and cut the green onion into 2 inch pieces. Pour a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet and let the oil heat up a few minutes. Add the chicken thigh pieces and cook until browned on all sides. Add the bell peppers and green onion and let it cook for 3 -5 minutes. Pour in your favorite teriyaki sauce and serve! 




No comments:

Post a Comment