Monday, May 27, 2013

Celebrating a 2 year anniversary with a double dose of chocolate

This weekend marks the 2 years that Dr. Sweetpea and I have been together. When I first met him, it was two years after I graduated from college, extremely young, and trying to figure out the path I wanted to take career wise. Then there was Dr. Sweetpea....older, sophisticated, wiser, had his life together, and more "adult" than I was at that point in time. I remember being extremely nervous on our first date, like palms sweating, brain running a million miles per minute, and heart pounding so hard that I thought it was going to burst out of my chest. Thankfully, I didn't pass out on our first date, and had a wonderful time together. Fast forward 2 amazing years, and we're still going strong :o)

A couple days ago, I asked Dr. Sweetpea if he wanted me to bake anything special for him since it's our 2 year anniversary. I was preparing myself to bake this ginormous cake, but he simply said he wanted double chocolate chip cookies! So I scoured the internet to find double chocolate chip cookie recipes, and came across this gem of a recipe from Nestle. It's absolutely divine fresh out of the oven, and perfect with your morning cup of coffee the next day.


Double-Chocolate Dream Cookies
(Source: Nestle - Verybestbaking.com)

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz pkg) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

*I think the next time I bake these cookies, I'll replace the vanilla extract with peppermint extract to make mint chocolate cookies or raspberry extract for chocolate raspberry cookies.

1 comment:

  1. These are the most decadent cookies on the blog, hands down. Big dose of chocolate, soft, great texture, hint of vanilla. By far the best pairing with black coffee in bed

    ReplyDelete