Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cafe Beaujolais Coffee Cake

If you know me, then you know that I absolutely love coffee cake. It's the perfect morning pick-me-up and it is fantastic with a piping hot cup of coffee or hot cocoa. I have about 15 different coffee cake recipes in my repertoire and the Cafe Beaujolais Coffee Cake was something I've been wanting to make for a while. Cafe Beaujolais is a quaint restaurant in Mendocino, California with a reputation of having one of the best coffee cakes around. I've never been to Medocino or tried anything off the Cafe Beaujolais menu...but if the other items on their menu are as good as this coffee cake...then it's at the very top of my "Places to Eat" list for California!!


Cafe Beaujolais Coffee Cake 
(Source: LA Times)

2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup canola oil
1 cup sliced almonds   ( I used chopped walnuts)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk

Mix flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and ginger. Blend in oil until smooth. Remove 3/4 cup mixture and combine with almonds and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix and set aside.To remaining flour mixture, add baking powder, baking soda, egg and buttermilk. Blend until smooth. Pour into buttered 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle reserved nut mixture evenly over surface of batter. Bake at 350 degrees 35 to 40 minutes. Place pan on wire rack to cool. Cut into squares to serve. Makes 8 to 12 servings.



5 comments:

  1. As the Paul Child to your Julia, I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post. 香港聊天

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really very nice post you shared, i like the post, thanks for sharing.. 相睇

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might comment on the order system of the blog. You should chat it's splendid. Your blog audit would swell up your visitors. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! https://shuttlesky.in/small-capsule-lift-home-price-india.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. take an IQ test

    ReplyDelete