Sunday, September 2, 2012

Popeye's Biscuits

So these 7-Up biscuits or "Popeye's Biscuits" have been going around in the Pinterest world so I decided to give them a try myself. They're amazing fresh out of the oven but I wouldn't go so far and say they're like the biscuits you get at the fast food chain. I'm definitely adding this recipe to my biscuit repertoire since it's only four ingredients which makes it super easy and quick to whip up. Plus, they taste pretty good for biscuits that are so simple to make :o)


7-Up Biscuits 
(Source: Pinterest)

4 cups bisquick
1 cup sour cream
1 cup 7 Up (or Sprite or Ginger Ale)
1/2 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 450. Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough. Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/2 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan.  Place cut biscuits in pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

*Since the dough was very wet, I just dropped the biscuit dough onto a baking sheet using an ice cream scoop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment